ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a diagnostic test that students take as they go through the admissions process. The TEAS show a reliable picture of student preparedness for nursing school and provides valuable insights into their academic strengths and weaknesses. The TEAS allow you to ensure the students you choose are right for your program before they even enter the classroom. ATI TEAS is the most widely adopted admissions exam in nursing education because it effectively evaluates students’ academic readiness for the rigors of nursing studies.
During the TEAS, students answer multiple-choice questions, measuring preparedness in reading, math, science and English and Language usage. The questions are designed to test the basic academic skills students will need to perform in class. ATI TEAS is proven to be a statistically significant predictor of early and on-going nursing program success. Whether your goals are focused on student retention or student opportunity, the TEAS help you achieve your admissions goals.
TEAS EVALUATE BASIC ACADEMIC KNOWLEDGE IN:
- Reading (53 questions)
- English and Language usage (28 questions)
- Math (36 questions)
- Science (53 questions)
- 209-minute timed assessment
- 170 multiple-choice questions with 20 unscored pre-test questions
- Normed data at the National and program level
TEST REMOTELY WITH OUR PROCTORED SOLUTION: TEAS AT ATI
Proctored and administered by ATI Nursing, the TEAS at ATI is being used by admissions programs for a secure, online testing solution to assess students’ academic preparedness. And it ensures nursing programs can continue to admit qualified candidates into their program – no matter the circumstance.
HOW IT WORKS
- Students will register through ATI’s online registration system for TEAS at ATI. The remote proctored and in-person versions of the exam consist of the same content.
- ATI offers TEAS at ATI exams multiple times a day, nearly every day of the week.
- Following registration, TEAS at ATI test takers will receive testing information and details from ATI Communications.
- On test day, students will follow proper instructions to access their secure exam.
- Dedicated support is available to assist students with questions prior to, during and following the exam.
- The TEAS at ATI is monitored by dedicated and trained ATI proctors, who are supported by the Proctorio secure proctoring platform.
- Following the exam, students will have the ability to submit their test score to your institution.